Followers

8/07/2012

Thank You

Good evening and I have a card to share this evening. One of my good friends came by Sunday afternoon to spend some time with me, & OH! Did I ever enjoy & appreciate that. You can 'buy' things, but you surely can't put a price on somebody giving you of their time. And she also brought a very pretty flower arrangement, and a new Card Maker magazine for me to enjoy. I was looking through the magazine after my friend had left, and something kept trying to fall from within the pages. Thinking it was just one of those 'card subscription' thing-ys, I didn't pay a lot of attention at first, and it totally fell out of the pages after a bit. It was the cutest birthday card...really made me smile. We both have Silhouette Cameos, and neither of us has done diddly squat with them as yet. We spent the afternoon chatting, and on our laptops, downloading some designs from the Silhouette store. Had a fun time. I had previously colored this image (and I think it is perhaps a Magenta stamp - but not positive) with my copics. Today I was able to manage the stairs with my boot, so after we had run an errand, had some lunch, I stayed downstairs where my 'stuff' is, and hunted up some papers to make a Thank you card. The background design  paper is from an 8x8 Graphic 45 set. One side is very busy with fairy designs, but I thought the 'back side' of the paper was pretty with my image and the Bazzill dark green card base. I used a new Darice EF folder (Lace), which is a border emboss folder. Found this at our local AC Moore, but certainly didn't get the good price that Blog Buddy Candee did. They were $3.99 at my ACM...still not a bad price as there are 3 border designs in a pack. The Thank You sentiment is another I had stamped earlier, used a SU 1/2" round punch, distressed the edges a bit with sponging using a dauber. Had a 'SNIPPET' of the red mat from an earlier project (left over from cutting a rectangular spellbinder mat & I cut out the center- and Voila, able to use it here). Used a 2" SU Scallop punch to cut out the sentiment's red mat.  It's a simple card, but I hope my friend will like it, and that it will convey just how much her visit meant to me!!! Let me see if I can get this uploaded to Miss Pixie's Snippet Playground and even if I can't play on the swings or any other fun stuff, I can watch all the others enjoy. http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com/2012/07/pixies-crafty-snippets-challenge-31.html  Thanks for stopping by to visit.


5 comments:

  1. Whoop, whoop - welcome back to the playground Mary - even if you're sitting quietly on the sidelines. Lovely card, bet it felt good to be playing with your craft stuff too :)

    Love and hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary

    What a lovely friend .. .. sounds like you had a great Sunday afternoon.

    I love the card you have made. Great use of your snippets and the floral background paper is gorgeous.

    I am sure between us we can get you on the swings .. .. and we will take it in turns to push you!!

    Have a lovely day.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really pretty Mary. So nice of your friend to come and see you . . .but then, that's what friends are for!

    Hope you are continuing to do well.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a beautiful card, Mary!! Welcome back!! You have a true friend there!

    I'm sorry I wasn't at the playground to keep you company on the sidelines. I'll be there later today and will come and sit with you. I would sneak in a flask of cocktails, but I don't want you to get up and start skipping rope, so we'll hold off on that for a bit longer! You take it easy and continue to a full recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both this one and the card above are absolutely lovely Mary.
    I now have snow laying on the ground from NOTHING when I got up this morning!

    Have a great weekend.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete