Followers

9/25/2012

Christmas

Hi and welcome. Here's a card using a stamp sent to me by the very lovely & generous Bernie T. What a treat to have such a vintage image sent from a lady who has become a friend, and we've never met face-to-face. Such is the wonder of the internet. The paper used to stamp was some Cryogen, which I won on a recent Outlawz Friday Copic Challenge. (I checked the winners to see if I saw any of my friends' name...and to my great surprise, saw MINE!) WOW! The Cryogen is lovely paper, good for copic coloring, and has sparkles in the paper. I was totally flabbergasted to have this happen. So THANKS OUTLAWZ!

On to the card: Santa is colored with Copics, swirls emphasized with a Lipstick Red Spica Pen.  Image was diecut with the Memory Box Debutante Frame, sponged with DI Antique Linen and Pumice Stone. I was trying for an 'aged card' look. After adhering to the red Bazzill cardbase, I used an MS holly punch to put a bit of embellishment on the corners. May decide to use some TH Christmas red stickles for the berries later. Hope you like the card, and a Big THANKS to Miss B. for taking the time to send it to me. This is going to be my second entry into the fun Rudolph Day challenge.

11 comments:

  1. Hi Mary . . . brilliant vintage feel card here. Lovely image . . . Bernie is very generous.

    Thanks for playing along in my little challenge. You appear to have linked this card twice, so I'll sort it for you if that's ok?

    Hugs,
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oo oo Oo Mary! I have this stamp too and funny enough mine was brought back from US by a friend of mine. Love how you have coloured him in! Great card
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary

    This and the other one you made is just fabulous! Perfect for Christmas sending. Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous image and great colouring, lovely Rudolph Day card.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So vintage looking and simply gorgeous! What a wonderful card for Christmas!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous, vintage image! You have done a lovely job on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect vintage look to this card. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGosh Mary, that stamp sure did find the prefect home. This is just fantastic!!! Love the way you colored him and how you distressed the edges. The little holly leafs are the prefect finishing touch.
    Hugs
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  9. That stamp is fab and I like the way you have created the vintage look - pumice stone is one of my go-to ink pads. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Mary! I love Santa Claus and your creation is wonderful!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Mary, this card is beautiful! Love that vintage santa stamp! You did such an awesome job coloring him and I love that shape you put him on, makes it look like his is in a book! So fabulous my friend! What a wonderful friend to send you this neat stamp!!Congrats on your win!!!

    ReplyDelete