Followers

9/01/2012

Halloween


Happy Saturday, and welcome to my little corner of blogland. What a beautiful day we have for this 1st day of Sept. This year has gone by so fast...(or is it just ME?). Here's another Halloween card to share. I'll get to the specs: Stampability House Mouse - Apple Delight (from a few years ago). Colored with Copics. Diecut with S/binders Labels 18, #5 die. Airbrushed background - used B0000,BG000, tried to use BV01 to get a bit more shadow shading right around the image. I am not that adept at controlling the airbrush for that just yet...! Didn't like the result, but I decided to take the marker and just continue to shadow an outline.
There is no white copic marker, so I used a Prisma white pencil on the apple's facial features. Saw something over at Bernie's Craft Closet where she used a glue pen then added some sparklies. So I decided to try using a glue pen on the eyes, nose & mouth, then sprinkled some MS fine sparkly glitter. IRL this really brightened up, but the picture doesn't show how it sparkles. I liked the effect, so THANKS Bernie! The mat uses the same S/B die, but I traced the outside then handcut to get a mat just a smidgen larger than the focal image. Used some Halloween themed paper from a large pack of My Mind's Eye - got at A C Moore, on sale. The other papers were from an Authentique 6x6 collection (Enchanted), and the Pumpkin squares came from a last year's MS adhesive borders pack. Then I decided to add one of the little Memory Box ghosties, that was left from an earlier card. Have a great afternoon.

3 comments:

  1. Tee hee, another terrific House Mouse stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary the overlapping corners on the die-cut label are a fabulous twist on mat layering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww how cute is this card?! I love the papers you have used Mary. The house mouse stamp is just too cute! Love those little mice! lol

    ReplyDelete