Followers

10/10/2012

Thanksgiving

Welcome, and come right on in, have a chair, and let's have a little visit. Here's a card for today's share. I have searched for the stamp (oh yes, I DO have it...just can't lay my hands on it right at the moment! LOL). It's somewhere on my very messy desk. I did locate another stamp, that I'm fairly sure is by the same company (Artful Stamper), but it's a single pumpkin. May stamp that one out, since I found it (LOL) & I like the image. These stamps are very easy to color. Ahem...back to this card: It was stamped in Versamark, then dusted with Ranger Queen's Gold EP (my favorite gold EP). Colored with various colors of copics. (Aside: Copics don't like to color over EP, so this is a 'color carefully' one as it can mess up the marker nib).  Diecut with S/B Grand Decorative Ovals One, die #1 using the Out of the Box technique. I like this particular S/binder - I think it has quite a lacy look to it. The copper framing paper is metallic Paper Studio, diecut with one of the newer S/B Basic Matting dies on the inside part of the frame to save weight layers (also get a bonus snippet useful on another project!). The green is from We R Memory Keepers 6x6 pad, Anthologie, and diecut the inside part of that as well. Lace is from stash, sentiment was cut with S/Binder Grommet tags. The copper paper was embossed with a Darice dots EF, but you can't really see it..sort of a wasted effort to bother with it. I sponged the focal image & sentiment while still in the dies with The Paper Cuts Berrylicious (a pale blue) ink, then with Distress Ink Wild Honey. I think I like this card. The first time I saw this particular image stamped - when I was first buying stamps - it was done with the Range Queen's Gold embossed on black cardstock, colored with metallic watercolors. It was so fantastically gorgeous I had to get the stamp. I've never been able to quite replicate that look. Hope you enjoy it, and as always, thanks for stopping to visit. Hugs & Blessings.

6 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful! Love your coloring on the image. Like the out of the box technique too and it's perfect for this image! Lovely, lovely card!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful finish. Your technique has worked a treat.
    p.s. You can't get wordy enough for me. I really enjoy your repsonse comments . Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh, this is very pretty with the gold embossing and i love the orange and green together and of course the light sponging.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card - makes me wish we celebrated Thanksgiving over here :) Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Mary, love all your techniques and the stamp with the variety of pumpkins on is lovely x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully done - I love the out of the box (or die) technique and the paper and the embossing. Pretty card Mary!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete