Followers

11/22/2012

Birthday

Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate the holiday, and Happy Autumn to those who may not. WELCOME to everyone, and thanks for popping by this beautiful day. Today's card is for an early December birthday for our best friend. DH just said "He won't like that", & when I asked why, his comment was "That's a Ford & you know he's a Chevrolet person". I don't have a chevvy truck stamp, so tough cookies!!! LOL. OK, here's the scoop: The stamp - Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Company. Image was diecut with S/B Label 3, sponged and distressed with Tumbled Glass, then Antique Linen. Traced around the outside of the die to get a scant mat - which I handcut. This came from a 6x6 paper pack, and I've been buying these packs whenever I see them on sale. I have trouble with the larger 12x12 designs, as I never know how to use ones with huge designs to best effect.  The houndstooth design paper is from a Paper Studio 4.5x6.5" Stonewashed paper pack. The cardbase is lightweight Bazzill, embossed with a Lifestyle Whimsy folder (this got covered up pretty much, doesn't show up here very well). I decided to use a piece of the same houndstooth to diecut a S/B Fancy Label and stamped Happy Birthday in Colorbox Fluid Chalk Aquamarine ink, sprinkled with Ranger fine detail clear & embossed. I have some early January birthdays so I'll try to intersperse those with Christmas cards so you don't get too awfully bored with seeing just Christmas cards here. (Ok, so maybe there might be a few more fall cards! I have some images colored up that I need to get done up into cards!). Anyway, ya'll have a super lovely day, and I hope you're blessed to be able to enjoy it with some or all of your loved ones. Let us ALL remember it's a day to think upon our blessings, whether we celebrate the day as Thanksgiving, or whatever. We have been truly blessed, with being able to enjoy our hobby, have the supplies with which to create, the support & friendship of the other crafters who encourage us here in blogland, and too many other countless ways to mention. HUGS!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving my friend! Hugs, Di xx

    Love the card too :)c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, I love that image AND love your card - Cheve or Ford no matter! The way you colored the truck with sponging and distressing is just fabulous!! Beautiful card.
    Hope you had a good Thanksgiving.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work there Mary! and yes so agree that Thanksgiving day should truly be a part of our every day lives when we count our blessings and give thanks to the LORD for all His great benefits to us and His many mercies!
    Great colours and love the cheery bright colour in the card below too! Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ford or Chevy, it's a fantastic card, Mary, and I'm sure he'll love it! Hope you had a fantastic Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving Mary!
    The truck by the way is my husbands favourite truck.
    There is an old one that drives around our town and my husband drools every time he see's it.
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous card Mary, Ford or Chevy-we are Ford fans here. lol I think it is the perfect masculine card and I really love that image. I also love that SB you used as your mat. And you know what a fan of your coloring I am. lol Always perfect! Now if I could only color like that. Looks like I need to take a trip to your house to learn how to color. lol

    ReplyDelete