Followers

12/17/2012

Christmas

Good evening after a dreary, rainy, misty day. We ran some errands, then had a nice late lunch, with some hot tea that really hit the spot with me. Our little town has a new Longhorn restaurant that has opened, but has been just too crowded to try for dinner yet. We passed by and saw few cars in the parking area, so zipped in for a nice lunch. Then came home, got a zzzzz - delightful! One of our errands was to the slowest Postal Office in the USA (HAS to be). I had a pile of cards, some different sizes, so I wanted to check the postage. Needless to say, next year, I shall certainly be more conscious of size, embellishments & layering. (even with my cutting out unseen portions...I still had some cards that required extra postage beyond what I had already applied.).  I can't remember the supplies on tonight's cardshare - except for the dies. (But I can look up the info if you would like to have it! LOL). The corner die is a Memory Box Snowflake, and the bottom die is a MB jingle bell die. First use of both dies for me, and I used silver glitter paper. Hard to cut through for the snowflake - Operator, not a die problem per se.  Jingle bell released fairly quickly. The Santa is from a few years back, colored with copics, diecut with S/B oval. At the last moment I decided to rub some Diamond stickles over Santa's red coat...it looks more gold to me than the silver I wanted it to be. The emboss folder is a new Mbossibility that I just received from Blitzy when they were having their sale last week. Arrived very quickly. Now before I say goodnight, I want to welcome another new follower. So happy to have you join me on this adventure - which so far has been lots of fun. I hope you'll enjoy what I post. Tomorrow I hope to show a few lovely handmade cards we've received this holiday...don't think the senders will mind. I am still 'on-go' for my eye surgery this Wed- after 2 postponements, so not sure how much I'll be posting afterward. Then we leave on Sunday for Fla. to join our DD & Dsil for the holidays. I'd also like to join with all the other folks in sending prayers to those tragic families in Connecticut. I can barely imagine the horror in their lives. And I hope not to ever experience anything remotely similar in my lifetime. On that note, I'll say Good night  & thanks once again for visiting, and have a Happy Tuesday! God Bless and keep you in His care. Hugs.

5 comments:

  1. Mary this card is beautiful, great job! I can never trust just posting cards either. One stamp doesn't always do it. If I dont post again before Christmas please have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers here for a successful surgery!
    Your card is lovely. The red and silver are striking together!
    Love the Santa stamp and love the way you sort of shaded the background of the inner part of the the SB die.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary I have enjoyed taking a holiday tour through your blog postings. All the festive designs have me in a holly-jolly spirit. So many wonderful colors and touches of gold and sparkle. Thank you for sharing and have a cozy day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet and so perfect for Christmas.
    Happy Holidays

    Chris Boldovici
    thecardphilelady.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. FABULOUS bright and perfect Santa Christmas card, Mary! Happy Holidays to you and your family! Hearts, Darnell

    ReplyDelete