Followers

12/02/2012

Christmas

Happy Sunday afternoon, and welcome to a new follower. I noticed the number change upward, but I'm not finding out who the follower is when I scroll through that section. If it should be you, please leave me a comment so I can add your name to my database, cauze one of these days, I'm going to be having some more blog candy. You want to be sure to get counted! Here's a really simple card, and I must confess it's very plain looking to me. It was fairly quick to put together. I've been seeing blogs where crafters are using paint chips & punches, so thought I'd try, plus I also wanted to use some more Ritz Glitter. The reindeer is a flat EK Success punch, on Gingerbread color paint chip,  added the rhinestone on his nose, drew in his eye, some white gel pen on his antlers. Pop dots on Rudy to elevate off the kraft cardbase.  Used a C/B border EF (Nathaniel's Penwork). This folder has a regular size EF, with a coordinating border. I estimated where Rudy would be positioned, then applied borders with some 1/4" score tape, (also called Sookwang). Peeled off the protective backing to expose more sticky, sifted on some Apple Red Ritz glitter, and burnished. (rub, rub, rub!). I daubed some Memento Love Letter ink over the raised embossing, then wished I'd left it off. Too late. The sentiment is a 3D tag from a bundle of 10 purchased at Hobby Lobby's 50% off sale. I cut it apart, used Ailene's Easy Flow glue on the back to stick it down. There are sort of 'knobs' on the back of this critter, so it's raised. These probably should be filed off before this kind of use (like a button shank). I think this one will be hand delivered, IF I decide to use it. This is not one of my cards that I felt satisfied with upon finishing it. It was an experiment. Some of my experiments turn out ok, some don't. I keep trying!! Blessings to all of you, have a wonderful afternoon, come back to visit real soon.

5 comments:

  1. Sometimes, simple is best! I love this card. Your Rudolf has such character!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Christmas card, Mary! Love the reindeer and the rhinestones! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute reindeer and a lovely card!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card! Sometimes simple cards say the most!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary I love your card and it isn't plain at all! I love the simplicity of it but it is elegant as well, so well done my friend!

    ReplyDelete