Followers

3/28/2013

Easter

Good afternoon Friends. Only 3 more days til Blogcandy draw! YAY! In the meantime, here's some more Easter cards (I only have one more to finish!...this one today and the one in progress will be hand delivered).

The first card was sent to us by Miss Candee (http://cardcornerbycandee.blogspot.com/). It's even more lovely IRL than what this picture shows.
 
 
Can't tell you the 'how-to supplies', but I know she has a basket die, a ribbon punch - and I think an egg die was involved, along with a pretty EF. Candee is a whiz at combining papers & layout designs. Thanks Candee, we surely enjoyed receiving this.
 
 
Now for my own card:
 
 
- Flourishes stamp image (done last year - aha - a snippet - and after looking at the previously copic colored image, I decided to darken up all the colors. Trying for more contrast!). I need to try this stamp and use intense coloring with some vellum overlay. I think it would be very pretty.
 
- Diecut with S/Binders Labels 10. I used the same die, traced around the outer edge, to make the scant pink mat, which I embossed. Used the next size larger to make the card shape; then again, the same die to cut the insert. I've stamped a religious verse - composed in a cross shape - on the inside. The card opens on the left side, rather than the top, which was my original intent.
 
- center of the foreground dogwood was created using MS tiny micro beads. Glued down with Glossy Accents.
 
After looking at this picture, I wish I had done some distress sponging around the edge of the card to trim it up just a bit.
 
Next is a stamp I just received off eBay...I get into trouble when I go looking for PSX stamps...I liked this one. The wood is not in great shape as it is sort of 'yellowed' but the rubber is in good condition. Hope it stamps out well. PSX stamps are usually great quality. Too bad the business closed.
 
 
So thanks for joining me this afternoon, and have a pleasant evening. Hugs & come again.
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. I do declare Miss Candee made a super cute card! Your card is gorgeous, love the shape and love the stamped image! And of course you have it colored so well! Love that stamp you got off ebay, cute! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card that you got! Getting hand made cards is such a treasure! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Mary, Beautiful image. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are both very pretty with such nice spring colours and it's a cute stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That really is a pretty card you got and I love the one you made, very nice colouring. The stamp you got from Ebay is so sweet too. Hope you have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card! Could you let me know how to enter your blog candy prize as I've not come across it yet. TFS. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so loving Candee's card with the plaid napkin and matching plaid egg! Wow! (I do love plaid!) Happy Easter to you both, Mary! I'm off to Candee's blog to introduce myself and tell her I like her card so thank you to you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete