Followers

4/06/2013

All Occasion

Oh Happy Saturday! The sun is shining, it's about 70 degrees outside & a lovely afternoon. My kind of day. Hope it's just the same where you are. Welcome, and here is my card to share today. I'm starting a new category - All Occasion - which will be for anything I don't need right at the moment, and will get 'whatever' sentiment I need, at the time it is appropriate. <g>


- cardbase is SU Old Olive, diecut into a cardshape with Grand Decorative Ovals One, #2 from the smallest size. These dies were made for use in the Grand Calibur - which takes the large size - but most of these will work in the Big Shot usually, except for the very largest in the set. Somehow I've managed to order a duplicate of this particular die!

- diecut the scene with Classic Oval S/B {this was from a cardboard container - Crabtree & Evelyn Lilac scented soap. Smells divine, and I thought it was pretty, and why not try to use it! Talk about a Snippet!)  I borrowed an idea from Mrs. A who manages to utilize the most unusual 'found' objects on her work. Thanks Valery for your inspirations!

- paper doily as a mat - something I saw on a youtube video, but I forget who, so can't give appropriate credit. (but it wasn't my original idea fer sure!). I used one of the shaving brush type ink applicators - believe they are made by Judikins - to dab some Memento purple-y shades to tone down the white. These brushes work better for me than the sponge thing-ys, which can tear fragile paper. The brushes look like tiny old fashioned shaving brushes.

- diecut trims are Memory Box Perched Reed Bird - from a snippet of blue.. just large enough for this bird; hollyhock stems from a red snippet & a green snippet. The red paper is actually a snowflake Christmas pattern that was in the pile, but on the diecut you can't tell it has snowflakes on it! The lavendar lace underneath all is a punch by SU (another snippet that had been cut for something else...it's pink/green check paper, that I brushed Memento purples over). Trimmed it to fit the oval card shape.

Don't think the Playground is open so I won't dash over to the Playhouse, but it's always fun to check out Pixie's Crafty Workshop to see what Miss Di is up to...

Then I had an image I was going to enter in Miss Hazel's last challenge with the theme of Christmas songs...I somehow managed to lose the dratted thing, hunted around for it...then realized the challenge had ended anyway! But never fear, there's CHNC 119 open, so I'll have to see what I have that could qualify. I really HAVE to get some mess   disorganization cleaned & sorted. I have been working on the Art Bin magnetic sheets & spellbinder organization off & on.

Today I'm torn between taking a 40-50 minute drive to a scrapbook/stamping store that is closing, or staying home and doing some stuff that needs doing. Don't you just hate having to make decisions like that? Oh well, have a great afternoon, and if you have time, check out the links I have in this post! Hugs.

6 comments:

  1. love the scene that you snuck off the spoap container.Much too pretty to just throw away and looks lovely on your card. been a lovely day here today as well and managed to get out into the front garden to mow the lawn and do some major tree surgery. It was either that or sit in the sunshine in the back garden!! Decisions decisions. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card with the soapbox image. The die cuts are so pretty. You are lucky to be enjoying 70 degree temps, it's about 5, windy & dreary here.. but at least it's not snowing ! Soon Spring will get (we hope). Cheers, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, take a drive on a lovely Spring day and visit a craft store, or stay home and do the chores! Tough choice. I'll opt for the drive. Pretty card with beautiful ovals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty card Mary! I love that green paper and the shape of your card! I also love that you used an image off the soapbox, how clever and such a beautiful scene too! Love the idea of using a stipple brush to lay down some ink. You are just full of tips Mary! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That soap package image is delightful! You have made such a pretty card from it!

    I am on the lookout for shaving brushes now...I think i will check out Target and Walmart stores next time I am in America.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty - looks like a beautiful Easter Egg!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete