Followers

5/13/2013

Birthday

Good evening and Welcome. I'm back with another sticker card, and a few more photos of our trip. I hope you enjoy seeing the pictures... but if you get bored, just skip 'em! I always like to see places that I've never (and may never) visited, so that's why I'm posting some of these.


- tan colored textured Bazzill cardbase
- green snippet embossed with a butterfly folder
- PBlack Vintage sticker (from 2004 - stash oldie), matted with a blue snippet, then a pink snippet (guess the sticker could be called a snippet too!)
- MS punched butterfly - a snippet
- Memory box diecut lacey border - punched from paper colored with H20's (in a long-ago class where we were just 'making stuff') - a snippet
- sentiment punched with SU oval & scalloped punches. White snippet which looked way too white on this card, so I sponged some Memento Desert Sand then a bit of pink DI - think it was Victorian Velvet or Spun Sugar.

I had a nice long nap this afternoon, so I think I'm ready to dash over to the Playground...see if the fun is still going on. (There's a bunch of snippets here, so they may let me in the gate. I understand there is a new pet to admire...) Won't you come along....and you'll see some astounding cards made using up snippets. (otherwise called scraps, and snippets sounds SO MUCH nicer! <g>)

OK...I put in a page break for those who don't want to travel by pictures...here are a few pictures


You can see in the clouds that a storm was rapidly approaching. We did get caught in the rain




some pretty flowers & trees around the Mall


 Lucky Lindy's Spirt of St. Louis, hanging in the foyer of the Smithsonian Aeronautical Museum.
 
 
The Space Shuttle Discovery at another Smithsonian Aerospace Museum, at Chantilly, Virginia
 
 
These hughmongous engines were hanging off the back of the shuttle. DH worked at an aerospace company that helped to build some of these babies. I tried to get the entire shuttle in a frame, but when I got back far enough to accomplish that, the picture was blurry...so my shot was of the front part of this hugh craft and then at the rear, what powered it. Ummm, glad I wasn't along for the ride!!!
My pictures don't do justice as to how enormous this craft and those engines really are.

OK, that's it for me this evening. Thanks for your visit. I hope I will be caught up with post-vacation household stuff shortly, so I can pay some blog visits. Thanks to all of you who come by to leave such kind comments. I WILL be over to visit soon. Til then, God Bless.
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 

12 comments:

  1. ohhh, so pretty! It's a card on a card, love it!! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures and lovely card. That stickeroo has a sort of vintage feeling. The border colour sets it off perfectly.
    Hope you get settled back in after your holidays...it always takes me a few days to get back into my groove!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty snippets card Mary - love the vintage feel to it. Thanks for the holiday photos too!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary, very pretty card with the soft colours. Thanks for your kind words at my blog. Have a great day, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW - interesting pictures of your trip. Fab.

    Love your sticker card and I think the torn paper is a great idea.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pretty card there Mary. Have you met the cow-bull yet? Very colourful but with those horns I don't fancy trying to milk it! Haa Haa!
    I recognise some of those photos....Hubby went to the Smithsonian when he was over in US some time ago. Maybe one day I will get there too!
    Hugs
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty snippets cards, and love the embossing. Thank you for showing your photographs - some interesting sight-seeing there. Many thanks for your lovely comments on my blog. Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the soft colors and that tiny butterfly! So pretty!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, love this card too Mary! Your embossing and punched border look fabulous! I also love the image, it is so vintage looking! I also love your pictures, they look great, sorry you got caught in the rain but you sure got a great pic of the storm clouds! Weren't the flowers in DC just beautiful? You went at the right time to see the beautiful flowers. The cherry trees are always so gorgeous too when they are in full bloom. Hugs my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card Mary, and great holiday pics :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mary

    Great use of your snippets as always.

    Fabby holiday photographs too.

    Have a great day.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another pretty card. Love the green against the pink. As Miss says gives a lovely vintage appeal to it. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete