Followers

8/04/2013

Christmas

Happy Sunday. I'm trying to finish up some UFO's and the positive side to that is I'll have some Christmas cards ready. Also need to start on Fall & Halloween cards. Have gotten DH to agree to help with the Halloween efforts as that's _his_ holiday.

In the meantime, here's today's card:


- SU stamped image, colored with copics. Added some Glossy Accents to his black cap & the holly berries. S/B dies for image & red mat (from 6x6 Authentique Festive collection). Diecut scrap paper for a circle mask in order to overstamp script stamp in Memento London Fog (and keep it off the white part of the main image).

- banner was a snippet from the reverse of some other paper I used recently, embossed with C/B music folder, sponged a bit of London Fog over the embossing.

- 6x6 green check background from Cosmo Cricket Mitten Weather. This pack is from years ago. I still like the paper too.

- sentiment stamped with SU rose red, clear EP, punched with McGill punch from white snippet, red mat snippet punched with a matching but larger EK Success punch. Red rhinestone added for some bling.

I recorded & watched Tootsie with Dustin Hoffman the other evening. A real oldie, but oh, did it make me laugh. I think that is probably the best movie this actor ever made (and yes I know he made a lot of good movies..but I like THIS one best!). If you've never watched it, give it a try if you like comedy. In the meantime, enjoy whatever you are doing today, and come back when you can. Hugs

10 comments:

  1. I love all your cards with birds and this is no exception! So pretty and just perfect for the holidays. Love the banner on here.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bird is beautiful and I love the way you created the banner, it really sets off the bird and frame so well. I have not watched Tootsie for years - he did play a great part in it. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary, hope you are having a good weekend, lovely card today the image is lovely and the tartan paper is gorgeous. Take care x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary, lovely christmas card, the white border around the edge of your circle really makes the bird image pop, love the tartan dp too :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Mary. Love the image and the checked paper is great!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mary. Just catching up on visiting your blog. Fabulous Christmas card ... I love the green checked background too ... beautiful paper! The banner is perfect layered on top and I love your sweet bird on the holly sprig. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another scrumy luscious birdie card . Love this one too. Hugs Mrs a.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love chickadee Christmas cards! Another UFO used and a Christmas card in the stash! A win, win day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love this card Mary! Love the tag on this card! I need to remember to do this. As usual your coloring is just beautiful! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete