Followers

8/07/2013

Thinking of You

Good Morning. I've been seeing a lot of hexagon motifs lately and recently purchased one of the Fiskars squeezeable handpunches at the new JoAnn's store that opened in our SC city.(on sale!) Also got a DCWV 12x12 pack of Butterfly Garden paper (half off). Hunted through this pack trying to find motifs that would fit nicely in the punch so that the design would be centered. (not as easily done as it would seem either). Finally punched out a bunch. I saw a tip at Stamping with Loll about giving the cutout motif more stability, so also punched out some very lightweight cardboard hexagons to glue to the paper. (the cardboard was leftovers from the magnet sheets I used in my Art Bin S/binder project). Then had to try to think of a pretty way to arrange some of these hexagons on a card.

I had been air brush experimenting recently - on an evening when I was not in the mood to make cards. Used a piece of white cardstock, different light shades of pink copics, and a piece of scrap lace as a stencil. Added some Tattered Angels gold spritz; not too impressed with the effort, so set aside. Another day I headed upstairs to the attic sewing area, dug around through a lace bin which has been collected over the years. Found another piece of lace that had a 'looser' weave, trotted back to the basement. Good exercise, going down 2 sets of stairs, 15 steps to the set! This lace worked better for what I hoped to achieve. Resprayed with the pinks, then the gold. Set aside. Later retrieved the piece to try to arrange the hexagons on it...thought if I embossed one side of the piece, separated with some score lines, placed the hexagons, it would work. So here it is:

 
- hexagons punched from DCWV Butterfly Garden paper

- Anna Griffin Poppy EF (it looks like a rose to me, but the label says Poppy)

- Elizabeth Craft sentiment die (a snippet that fit with my colors)

- rose started out white, got sprayed with some Dylusions sprays a while back; been hanging around at the air brush desk...green leaf got some overspray. I'm calling this a snippet too.

- sheer white bow from the stash, used a Candee received from Melissa  as part of the win on the Cards for Maddy that I submitted. Got some nifty goodies from Melissa, as well as finding another lovely blog to cruise. I'd never had any Candee embellishments, and thought it would look nice under the ribbon with a tiny pink rhinestone over it.

Called this one done and it's ready for when I need a sympathy, get well, or just plain ole Thinking of you card. I love it when a card is ready for an occasion..all I need do is add the appropriate insert.

Since I have a few snippety items on this card, I'm going to submit it to Pixie's Playground Snippet Challenge, Week 84.   I know each of you must have scraps (otherwise known as snippets at the Playground) so why not make up a cute card and join us. There's some good prizes, good fellowship, good fun, and always some lovely cards/projects to enjoy.

Thanks for joining me and ya'll come back soon. Hugs

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like you got in on some good sales!!!

    This is so beautiful. I love the hexagon shapes and against that pink background, it's simply gorgeous!

    Lovely card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my stars, this is heavenly! I love everything! Fabulous work!! waving hi from the katydid filled hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love a good sale! Beautiful card, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Mary - love those hexagons, you must have a ton of patience lining up the patterns so perfectly.

    Funny you getting your exercise trotting up and down flights of stairs - it doesn't seem long since you were laid up after the Achilles repair op. does it? Now you're up and down the stairs like a jack in the box!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a lot of steps between sewing attic and the basement....you are obviously dedicated to your crafts! I love the effect of the airbrushing. It's so soft and feminine.
    Thanks for the follow at my blog. I'm your newest follower now too!

    TFS--
    Roberta
    QueenBeePaperCrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Mary, I like the images in the hexagon shapes, the colours and the embossing.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The hexagons with the flowers are beautiful, the embossing goes well with them. You will love your Chocolate Baroque stamp sets. (you will need sheets of EZMount for the to mount & cut, I assume you know that but just in case you didn't). I love their elegant designs. I'm a lucky lady to be on the two Design Teams (CB & Design by Ryn). Hope you are doing well, thanks for your guide words at my blog:) Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous. TFS.
    I just bought the medium and large hexagon punches yesterday at Joanns. I half closed my eyes when I was walking past the half off paper because I'm on a paper time out. I have waaaaay too much now. lol
    D~
    http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those hexagons. They really frame the cutout DP so well and the butterfly looks great perched there too.
    You worked hard on this one...maybe you are going to start a new weight loss scheme...two flights of stairs for every card you make! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is gorgeous Mary! I love the embossing and of course the punches. I have them and haven't used them in a long time and they are so popular right now! lol I need to get those babies out! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete