Followers

9/25/2013

Partial Stamp Convention Goodies



Good evening and it's been a dreary drizzly day at our house. We had planned to get up very early (ugh!) and go to a local country flea market. DH needs some new handles for his wheelbarrow and I was going to check on the availability of yellow pansies. That's what I like to have around the yard during the winter, as the bright spots of color can be very cheering on a gloomy gray winter's day. Last year I wasn't able to plant any, and I missed them during the dead of winter. I usually have some by our front porch steps and as I open the window blinds on a cold gray morning, it's heartening to see the bright pops of color.

Ok, as promised I got my stamp show haul partially unpacked last evening. I spread out some of the goodies on a big hassock we have in the basement...as I didn't want to lug them all upstairs where there is better lighting. I used the camera flash, so I hope these will look ok. I still have some stamps in bags that need be emptied.

Here's some pictures of items that came home with us from the show...hope you will enjoy seeing the 'fun' we had. Still have some unmounted stamps in a bag and some wooden Halloween ones that DH found. The vendor where we bought the unmounted stamps recommended I use them w/out mounting. When I've tried this before, I didn't get a good crisp stamping, but I'm going to give it a try. I don't like handling that EZ Mount stuff, as I always managed to get my hands an icky-sticky feeling. I did get some more of the yellow tack-it stuff made by Tsukineko that you put on a block, then the rubber clings to it. But as I said, I find I get a sharper image if I've got that mounting on the rubber. However, I'm going to try with the stamp press, and perhaps that will save me handling that EZ Mount. Hope you will enjoy and thanks for visiting. Hugs


11 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...I see a whole bunch of things i have been eyeing up lately!!!
    That wreath stamp is so pretty and the candelabra will get lots of use...Of course, In your house so will the spider!!!

    Wish I could see more! I want to move next door to you...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, that's quite a haul. You're going to have lots of fun, that's for sure. I know what you mean about the EZ Mount. S-t-i-c-k-y!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! You really know how to do some serious shopping!!! I wanna tag along with you on the next trip! Have fun with all your goodies! and thanks for the birthday wishes too! You're so thoughtful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - you have got a lot of new stuff to play with. Hope you have a heap of fun with it. I hope you also managed to get your pansies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a haul you made!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now you just gotta find the time and energy to use it all! It all looks wonderful!
    When I used one of those just plain rubber images - no e-z mount or anything - I put a couple of strips of double sided scotch tape on the back, put it on an acrylic block, put a piece of sponge padding underneath the paper and stamp. Works great! The padding I have came with CTMH sets. I also use that Tack it Over and Over stuff on the back sometimes to get it sticky and stick to the block.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Squeal! This is an incredible haul, my friend! Can't wait to see what you make with all of these yummy new supplies! Hooray for a DH that not only indulges your shopping for crafty goodness, but even helps you shop!! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you have had some fun!!!!! Did you get your yellow pansies? I have to agree, such a sight would gladden my heart too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done, Mary!! You've now got NBUS out the wazoo! You'll be busy and out of trouble for ages!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow ... you have a TON of goodies to play with - lucky you!! :) Have fun trying out your new toys ... looking forward to seeing what you make! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You'll be set for the long haul over winter now Mary! Looks like lots of fun :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun, fun, fun!!! Looks like you got some amazing things Momma Mary! I hope you get your yellow pansies, that is such a nice look on a gloomy winter day! Then you will be set for the winter! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete