Followers

11/04/2013

Thanksgiving Pumpkins

Good Morning & here we are at the start of another week, with another Thanksgiving card to share. I realize this USA holiday is not celebrated everywhere, but I hope you'll enjoy these cards anyway. I'll be sharing quite a few, since that is my project for the early days of November. The most difficult part of this card was the Cheery Lynn sentiment. I've been trying to find different holiday sentiments in my travels, so when I saw this one at a vendor booth, it was a no-brainer sale. However, I must say, it was not easy to adhere it straight, and I don't think the "T" in Thanksgiving looks very nice when cut out. It's a bit 'too fancy'...I think it would look nicer without all the scrolls & swirls. It cut nicely, but hard to glue down.



- Die cut Cheery Lynn Fall Harvest 2(FRM122)  in a lightweight black paper, and I remembered to use the metal shim. Pleased to say it cut beautifully and all the little pokeys fell right out.

- background is from a waste paper salvaged from spraying the ribbon on this card. As I looked at the snippet* of waste paper on the airbrush desk, I thought it would make a good background for this die; Voila, the card practically made itself! Derwent inktense pencils used for shading on the pumpkins, which did not show up very well in the green bits. Hunted up an Olive Green Spica pen, and this coloring medium showed much better.

- tiny orange rhinestones for a bit of bling; added a few green rhinestones at the bottom, once I had the Cheery Lynn sentiment adhered.

Hope you enjoy this one, and that your Monday is off to a smashing day. Thanks for joining me here, and many hugs.

*Edit: It just occurred to me I have a big snippet used as the background here, so off I go to share this at the Snippets Playground, Week #97.  Check it out!!!

21 comments:

  1. Very pretty card, Mary, and I hope I remember to use my new shim when I need it. I see your die was very intricate. I love swirls on sentiments so this one is a winner with me.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Stunning, Mary. I will have to check out Cherry Lynn more. I didn't realize they had all these dies. The last time I looked (which was quite a while ago) I didn't think they had such a big array of dies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous die cut...and I love your inky background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary,

    This card looks like stained glass, just beautiful!

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all your pumpkins Mary. I have a couple of word dies like this and I have difficulty sticking them on at all, let alone straight! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. To DIE for! SO pretty Mary. Love those dies you used and of course the background is just sensational. Really pops!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty and I just love those pumpkins! The background paper turned out to be perfect for this card, so it's a good thing you saved it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Mary this is gorgeous!
    Love the background! Colors are beautiful.
    Hope you are well
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really pretty Mary gorgeous paper huggles Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Mary, love the background and the die cut. I don't make any Thanksgiving cards but yours are really pretty.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. That background is so perfect for these pumpkins! It looks like sun setting over the pumpkin patch! A beautiful Thanksgiving card, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so, so pretty, Mary! What a wonderful snippets card! I think the Thanksgiving should come off and go on the inside; those "stained glass" pumpkins against that autumn background are outstanding without it!! IMHO! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Mary

    What a stunning background .. love the colours ery much.

    Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog. The heart(s) on Sunday were the butterfly wings! Hope I didn't give you torture treatment.

    Hope you are having a good week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Mary - I love the colours! The Fall Harvest die is absolutely beautiful.

    Re.over fancy lettering on some sentiments dies - have you thought about looking at the result after the sentiment has been cut and then perhaps trimming a bit off here and there - like giving it a little hair cut? :) I can't see properly what you mean as your die cut looks fine but I do sometimes do that with over fancy scrolling. :)

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Mary oh wow this is gorgeous I love how you have made this card it's perfect :)

    Have a lovely day
    Hugs
    Vic x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my this is a gorgeous card Momma Mary! I love that die-so pretty!! I also love the snippet of background-perfect for this die!! Your thanksgiving word is beautiful too, but I can see why it would be hard to glue down straight! But love it! Love the little gems too, a nice added touch! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Mary I would first of all like to thank you for the comments made on my card - you are so kind. I popped over to your blog and am glad I did - this is a lovely Thanksgiving card, those colours are soooooo beautifully shaded. Mind you the idea to use the paper left over from your airspraying is genius! Such a great result.

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Perfect pumpkin card!

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card there Mary. Love those pumpkins and the orange behind them is brilliant.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful Mary - gorgeous background. You did really well kid!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Mary,
    what a fab card. Love the colour and design of this gem of a card.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Lots of love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete