Followers

6/10/2014

DeeDee's June Digi of the Month

Good morning, and welcome.

Big news to share...I am thrilled to announce I was accepted as a new Design Team member over at DeeDee's Digi Designs.  I follow several bloggers who are wonderful designers for DeeDee's designs, so that is how I found her work. Last year I needed a cooking theme stamp for a project, and found the perfect image (on this card). The lovely part was that I had the option to use pre-colored designs or line drawings which I could color myself. I chose to use the pre-colored (which made a fast card!). There's a wide range of design themes and the prices are extremely reasonable too. (we all like that!). So needless to say, I was over the moon at being asked to be part of the very talented  bloggers who make up the Design Team.

It's time for a new "Digi of the Month" challenge at Deedee's Digis! The featured set for June Challenge at DeeDee's is Life's a Beach,  and is totally adorable. . You can purchase this month's featured set for just $1.25, or you can get it for FREE with any $10 purchase of Deedee's Digis products from the shop. (NOTE: To receive this set for free with your qualifying order, you must enter this code, minus quotes, in the comment area of the checkout form: "DDOM-10.") Create and share any wholesome project made with this set by the challenge deadline, and Deedee will email you next month's featured set for free. Keep playing, and keep collecting freebies -- it's as easy as that!

I had selected another digi set that just really made me smile (Bigelow's Bounty). Of course it has the precolored images, line drawings, sentiments and even some designer paper. Here's the card that resulted, and explanations are below the picture.

 
 
- precolored DeeDee's Bigelow Bunny was printed 2 times. One fussy cut - one die cut with a S/B label die.
 
- background was made using some 'fabric paper' that wrapped our new laptop. Started to toss the paper and thought 'hmm, what if I used some Dylusions spray on it? Would make great texture'. So I tried, spraying the paper several times, letting it dry, spraying again, dripping some spray ink in spots on the green. (This paper is not tearable, was a bit difficult to cut with a trimmer and sort of sawed when I cut the grass edge. It did create some fab texture however, and the Dylusions did give a nice effect. Not sure if it shows well in the photo, but IRL looks nice). You know I like to experiment when I'm in the mood...LOL.
 
Colored the die cut  background to blend in with the textured background.
 
Die cut MB Arboscello Tree in 2 layers - using a snippet of brown stripe dp for the entire tree, with a second layer of green dp only at the top foliage. Used copics to add some color on both cuts. Green foliage glued behind the brown tree, offset just a tad (again this effect looks better IRL than in the photo). Adhered the tree over the die cut bunny image. Placed the fussy cut Bigelow over the top of the tree (so the tree would be behind him). A bonus of this was that I didn't have to try to fussy cut the carrot tops...you can see these showing on the bottom image.
 
- MB Garden Tools were die cut from a snippet of Dylusions sprayed paper that was handy.
 
- IO DIE068-A clouds were die cut from cloud pattered dp.
 
- Bigelow digi set sentiment was printed out and die cut with a Little Inker stitched banner die, and an old button from my stash was added, with a bit of twine tied.
 
This was a fun card to make, (easy too, with the cute digi), and I hope you like it. Do check out the June Challenge over at DeeDee's.  And see what some of the awesome DT members have created for your enjoyment.
 
Thanks for visiting today, and also many thanks for the wonderful emails while I've been puny. Hugs.


32 comments:

  1. This is adorable! Love the fabric background. Wondered if you adhered that to card backing first, if it would have cut more easily? Love the texture it gave, TFS! The tree is awesome to Mary.Congrats on your new role too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card Mary and I love what you have done with the fabric paper, such a clever idea.
    A brilliant image too, although rabbits are not my favourite furry friends at the moment as they have eaten all the flowers off my pots, tubs and planters so now I just have "stalks" !! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Gorgeous card! Love all those die cuts too! What a great idea to use that fabric paper! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on you being chosen for the design team! It's good to see you back and you made a darling card. I've never done a digital image before. Right now I find I have forgotten how to make a link that turns blue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your design team appointment. Well deserved i would say!

    This is a cutiepie image. The little rabbit is adorable. Great card design too. Love the tree on this card too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on joining the Design Team Mary, you will be a wonderful asset to the team! The Bigelow image is lovely and I love how you die cut around him. The composition of your card is wonderful. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely cute image Mary, and so great to see you back on here and many congratulations on your DT appointment. How clever of you to utilise some packing material to use as a background and can see what you mean about giving lovely texture to the piece. The colours are lovely as is that fussy cutting. A great fun card Mary and love the sentiment too. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mary. Sweet card made with adorable images! :) Congrats on being selected for the Design Team!!

    Glad to see you back posting and hope this means that you are feeling better. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! What a cute card! I love how you have the tree behind the bunny and the clouds....the way you added the sentiment is perfect too! Just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO cute and I also love that fun image. Cute addition of the tree on here too!
    Going to be great working with you on the DT!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your new DT my friend!! They are lucky to have you!! What an absolutely adorable card!! That bunny is so sweet!! I love the sentiment!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this Mary it is so sweet!!
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant, absolutely brilliant, love the scene and your great sentiment.
    Hugs

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  14. My goodness Mary, this is one fabulous card. I love it to bits. Hope your well and I'll write soon. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. congratulations on your new DT post-and love the card great textured material lol love the fussy cut tree
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats and welcome to the DT! I just love the cute little card you shared today with that sweet bunny working in his garden! The addition of the tree, clouds and garden tools just brought this fun image to life! I look forward to seeing what else you create with Deedee's digis!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on your Design Team spot Momma Mary!!! That is so awesome, so glad to see you use your talents on a DT! I am loving this cute card!! That bunny is adorable and how cool that he was already colored. Love the tree and the gardening tools too. I saw that texture in the background right away and had to read to see how you got it. How cool that you used the wrapping off your computer! You are so clever!! Love the texture it gives this cute card. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations!
    Great card, sounds like a lot of work, but the end result is so stinkin' cute!
    Hope you're well!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Firstly congrats on your DT post. Love your card it's a fab image and lay out. Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations Mary, I might just pop over and look at DeeDee's if I have a spare moment. Love your card too. x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really pretty card Mary! Congrats on your DT position... I was kind of surprised as I didn't think you wanted to be on design teams.. but I wish you well on the team!
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on your DT acceptance! The card is so cute - love your fussy cutting! The fabric paper had great texture. You were so smart to use it :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such an adorable image, Mary! I love how you've popped the bunny up and die cut the background! Congratulations on being asked to be on the Design Team. With you're coloring skills, you're the perfect choice! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Super cute card and perfect for the season :) We've been picking strawberries ourselves

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is just the sweetest how cute is this card :) it's gorgeous !!!

    Vic x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations Sugar!! Your certainly have made a very cute card. Now I ask you - who doesn't like bunnies - especially home grown ones!!!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Cngratulations on being on the DT! Cute card...

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow...this is just too darn cute Mary! What an adorable little bunny, so sweet and such a cute scene you created.

    ReplyDelete
  29. HI, Mary, long time no visit form me, hey, but I was spending ALL my time knitting and crocheting and fell behind on blogvisits terribly!!!! But I've put aside this afternoon and evening to catch up!!!!
    Congrats on the DT spot - have lots of fun!!!! Your card is super cute - love the sweet little bunny and the creative way you have worked with the 'fabric paper' and the dies!!! Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a fun card, I love the image. I'm starting to warm up a bit to digital images and actually bought one.

    ReplyDelete