Followers

9/15/2014

Dance Macabre

Welcome to my Monday afternoon. We had a very quiet weekend, a bit cooler temps, and DH has been wrestling with a bad migraine off & on. Thankfully he seems better today, so hopefully the prescription that he got on Friday evening is finally beginning to take effect.

Today's card is done with a stamp that Mr. picked out at Michael's, using a 40% coupon. It's a rather large Stampendous wood stamp, and the background was done with some sprays, then inked with Versafine Black.


- background created from Dylusions and Lindy's Starburst sprays on a lightweight index card (an experimental spray session).

- Stampendous Dance Macawbre inked with Versafine Black ink, and stamped using Bonnie's Best Stamp press since it is quite a large stamp. Was not sure how this ink would work with the sprayed background, and it could have shown up a bit darker I think. The stamp was well inked, so the lightness has to be due to either the paper or the sprayed background.

- edges inked with DI weathered wood and black soot using a sponge, and some irResistible Pico clear fluid was applied in some of the areas - not showing well in the photo, but looks quite nice IRL. (It's on the umbrella, handle, dark spots on the skeleton and on the bottom scroll design).

- lettering cut with the Silhouette, using white cardstock. Colored with Copic 110, then applied black UTEE - 2 coats - for shine & dimension.

- black mat - interior portion removed, on a chartreuse card base. Done! One down for Halloween.
Can I just say I don't like skeletons or any spooky stuff like this, but DH does...Halloween is his holiday. Hmmm...wonder what that means???

Ya'll have a great afternoon, and thanks for joining me. Come again when you can. Blessings and hugs.

28 comments:

  1. This is spook-tacular, Mary!! The stamp is awesome!! Love the colors!! They are perfect with the image!! Fabulous and festive Halloween card my friend!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Mary, that stamp is fabulous!! I love the wonderful colours you have used in the background and the skeleton is an absolute delight (in a Halloween kind of way), not that I am obsessed or anything! LOL. Love this - a lot. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS - Hope hubby feels better soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although not my type of stamp either you've done a wonderful job with it Mary. Love your sprayed background, it really pops. I have problems getting black ink to stamp properly on inked backgrounds too. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely brilliant stamp, and what you have done with it is fantastic.

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mary,
    what a super card.
    I love this super Halloween card.
    The design and the stamping is really super, and what a very effective background too.
    Thank you for your very kind comments on my TCBH.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mary, just getting back to having more time to blog now that the weather is changing here in the UK. Hope you are well and have enjoyed the summer months.
    Looks like you have been having a lovely inking and stamping session. Take care and hope you hubby's migraine has subsided x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quick comment, blogger problems, Gorgeous card.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Mary, thanks so much for visiting my blog and for following me. I so enjoy making new friends. Your cards are lovely, I especial like the one you titled Fall Wreath. I would like to make some of my Christmas cards this year . . . you are an inspiration:)
    Your newest follower & blogging sister,
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really gorgeous Mary
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not into making Halloween cards either Mary but this is just so artsy! Good eye hubby! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cool stamp this is, and I love the spooky cool card you made with it! The background colors are perfect for Halloween, and I love the neon green mat that adds more great color to feast the eyes on! NJ!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Spooky looking yet so much fun! Love the green that you mounted it on too - really makes it stand out.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is an amazing Halloween card, Mary. Your colors really set the mood. It's a bit spooky with a touch of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. love love the subject: halloween! great card. and beautiful stamp hugs from sunny California
    Bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great stamp...nicely done card!
    Hope your hubby is feeling better.
    I've been there with Migraines...
    so I feel for him.

    Thanks for the birthday wishes for my hubby...I know it helped to make his day special.

    ReplyDelete
  17. eeeek spooky looks like the skeleton I used to have to learn from in nursing....awesome creation Mary...like you not into skulls or skeletons but you did an awesome job.xxxThe Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card Mary, I always love your handmade backgrounds and this one is no exception. Fiendishly fab stamp too!! I hope Hubby is feeling better, I sympathise xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Macabre is the understatement, but a wonderful card all the same.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  20. Spooky in full force here! Great stamp and great car, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi there Mary, like the card, that time of year again. Hope DH headache is better, it is a bugger.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Momma Mary, this card is fabulous! I love that stamp, uh I guess I take after hubby with the Halloween thing. lol The sprays and inking really make this card shine. I love that you used your Cameo again for the sentiment. You are rockin' and rollin' now with it! You are doing better than me, I haven't even started any Halloween cards. But that is on my list next. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love what you have done here, Mary!!! Super Halloween card!!!

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm not big on Halloween but I do like this card it reminds me of the Haunted Mansion in Disney World or the Disney pirate movies :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. An amazing card Mary, I love it, great details.

    I remember as a 13 year old we had to do a dance to the classical music Danse Macabre and when I hear it now, very rarely, it makes me want to dance again as I did all those years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  26. That background is so fabulous, and such a spooky image. Every time I come across the word macabre, I think of an NPR interview with Neil Gaiman, in which he said that macabre was originally pronounced mac a bray.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous card love the images and coloured background
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Since I am so late in posting, I know your husband's migraines is gone. I know he loves Halloween and I love the stamp he picked out! I too love Halloween and your card!,
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete