Followers

3/25/2015

Last of the St. Pat's Cards

Good afternoon and welcome. The St. Pat's cards that were mailed have been received and since I don't have a card ready today, thought I'd share these with you. Our best friend from New England flew in yesterday afternoon, and on Thursday we are headed to Florida. It's been a couple years since his schedule allowed him to visit and likewise our schedule hasn't permitted us to travel up there either. So we're enjoying a nice visit. I'm scrambling to try to get some card commitments done and get things lined up to leave after I get my allergy shot tomorrow.

So here's the cards:



- Image is a Sweet Stamps cling - several years old. Colored with Copics and WoS, fussy cut and mounted on white c/s, embossed with SU mesh EF, rounded corners. Very simple.

- IO shamrock - green snippet.


- ODBD cling image, stamped with Memento ink (I have the hardest time spelling that company name properly! Think this shade was Pear Tart, but not sure). Colored with Copics & WoS, die cut with a S/B deckled oval. Used a pentel green pen to trace the inner line while die still in place.

- Think the side pieces were from a Sue Wilson die, done from white snippet, colored with BG copic shades, and snipped apart to form the edges.

- green card base embossed with dots E/F folder.

- Taylored Expression sentiment die cut from a snippet of Brusho background paper.


- ODBD Gaelic cross, stamped in Memento London Fog, colored with copics. The effect I was trying for in the Celtic design on the cross was to make it appear like recessed carving as one would see on the old stone markers. Not sure I did that very effectively.

- Of course it was die cut, but gosh, I'm sorry I don't remember which die (probably a Sue Wilson since that's one of my current loves), but didn't write it down and the dies have been put back in storage. Same with the EF...just thought it was a pretty design & complimented the Gaelic theme; then added a IO die cut shamrock from some glitter paper.

Hope you enjoyed seeing these and this will be (fer sure!) the last of the St. Pat's cards. I'm trying to finish up a card for Rudolph Day but might have to just finish, photo, and then post it after arriving in Fla. There's such a lot of things to do to get ready for a trip. Mr. reminded me to notify Visa that we will be traveling out of home state, so watch for charges that don't appear to be made by us. Todate everyone in the Fraud stuff has been most helpful, so I think we have the problem handled ok on our end, anyway.

Hope to be back with you soon. I did manage to finish up returning visits last night. I do apologize when I get so behind - but sometimes I'm just not doing well with keeping up. I hope you will forgive me...

Big hugs & God Bless.

28 comments:

  1. hello Mary, three beautiful cards, love designs and the dies are beautiful/
    Enjoy your time away and meeting up with your friend, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello Mary, three beautiful cards, love designs and the dies are beautiful/
    Enjoy your time away and meeting up with your friend, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello Mary, three beautiful cards, love designs and the dies are beautiful/
    Enjoy your time away and meeting up with your friend, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards Mary. I have never made a St Patrick's day card. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely selection Mary, love the pretty dies you've used. Hope you have a fun trip away. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant cards Mary, love them all.
    Have a wonderful time away
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two lovely cards and gorgeous shades of green.
    Hope you have a great trip hope all goes well and nice for you to be able get together with your old friends at last.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards Mary, I like all three
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all absolutely gorgeous, Mary!! I love the designs of each one!! The colors on the first are awesome!! The image on the second is fabulous!! And I love the beautiful cross on the third!! Safe travels and have a great trip!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cards are wonderful Mary and well done for blogging it whilst you are so busy too! Hope you have a wonderful trip with your friend. Take care. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cards are lovely. The bits of red on the first are a nice touch. I love the die cuts and texture on the other two cards.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Three lovely St Pat's cards Mary. The first is such a pretty shaped image and prettily coloured, and love the pretty die cut mat and dots ef as I like that the dots are not all the same size. The die cut mat on the third with that elongated diamond shape has such a pretty edge and another stunning ef. Love the beautiful green coloured card too. Glad you managed to catch up with your friend after so long, and great of you to post these cards especially as you are so busy getting ready to go to Florida too. Hope you have a wonderful time. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just a separate note to say thank you for the visit. It is difficult to fit everything in sometimes. I haven't been posting much lately for the same reason, life has been getting in the way. Anyway enjoy Florida Mary. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well I'm here Mart and my list tells me you have posted but Blogger is not playing fair again and showing me no photos, so all I can really do is wish you a happy Thursday !!

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely cards Mary. I especially like the celtic cross. Just a question what is a ODBD, is it shorthand for the name of the company? Have a great trip to Florida. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Three beautiful cards Mary, perfect for the occasion and the colours and images are superb.xx
    {The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like that first card, and without the shamrock in the lower corner, it could be used for any occasion. A lovely celtic
    cross on the third one too. That´s a beautiful shade of green card that you have used for your backgrounds. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful cards.

    Enjoy Florida. Sue, Polly & Honey

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are all lovely, Mary. My favorite is the Celtic Cross card with that lovely die. Safe travels - have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous cards! I esp LOVE the 1st one, the colors are spectacular! I'm so glad your friend came fro a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  21. My goodness Momma Mary, these cards are just beautiful! I love all three images so much. I do love St. Patty's cards and don't think we make them enough. I know I didn't this year, but hope to next year. Love the embossing folders you used on all three of these. They are just beautiful! Nothing to forgive Momma Mary, we all get behind because life is just that way. There are always things to do and our fun has to come last. Big hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm impressed! I have never made one let alone lots as you have done for St Pats Day. The first I think is really colourful and happy, the second the image is beautiful and shown off by the green card and the third is beautiful with it's die cut and all have lovely colouring.
    Have a good trip and RELAX! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Making st. Patricks cards are so outside of my comfort zone. It's because of the green. I love the color, but I don't color well with green and I think it's a color that us hard to work with. Completely the opposite for you I can see:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous cards Mary - I particularly like the Celtic cross one :-)
    Enjoy your break
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  25. How nice that your NE friend has come to visit. Have a safe trip south! Love your St. Pat's cards!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi, Mary! What a wonderful diversity of SP cards! Thanks for sharing them - my favorite is the 2nd card - shamrock. What a gorgeous image, and you have colored and shaded it so beautifully! Very happy you enjoyed a lovely visit with your friends from up north. hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very pretty St. Patrick's Day cards, Mary. I didn't make one this year. Too bad.
    Hope you are enjoying your friends. I'm sure you are.

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a fabulous trio of Saint Patrick's Day cards, Mary ... the Celtic cross is particularly lovely! Hope you're having a wonderful trip! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete